Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Matt Bomer's Personal Quotes



Matt Bomer Personal Quotes


[on working with R. Lee Ermey] "R. Lee's great. I've learned a lot from working with him. He's a tremendous actor, and he brings so much to the character and so much to the set. And we're very fortunate, 'cause he's one of those guys who actually, when he comes to the set in the morning, he just wants to make the scene the best it can possibly be, and he figures all that stuff out. And those are my favorite kind of people to work with. I've really enjoyed it. He's thoroughly entertaining and really does different stuff every take, and just really embodies the character".



[on auditioning for his role in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)] "I'm a New York actor, so I heard about the project, and I put myself on tape twice from New York. And they said they were interested in me, so I flew myself out to L.A. to test for it with Michael Bay. And a great thing about this movie and, another way I think it's unique, is that there is more exposition. You really get to know the protagonists of this movie a lot more in the beginning and, hopefully, invest in them somehow so that, when bad things go happen to them, you really care. And I think that Michael Bay just wanted to make sure - there wasn't a lot of screaming and yelling. I think they could figure out from the scenes whether or not you could pull that off. I think he wanted to just see more of whether or not I understood the character's duality - how he could be a nice guy with his girlfriend, but how ultimately he is this military guy who has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders".

It was an amazing experience, I think the last time I sang on stage was 10 years ago.

I just do my work and live my life. There's always that volume knob of people's voices and speculation. But I found you can turn it as low as you want. I have a great family and people in my life. I don't focus on other parts of the business.

I'd inhabit a character until I saw another one. That accessed part of my imagination.

I wanted to go to Northwestern and become a serious journalist, but I think there was some divine hand leading another way.

So many things are zeitgeist dependent, it's how they're marketed, what kind of love they're given, who's in control.

Sometimes shows appear before their time. As an actor, all you can control is what you do.

I get to leave the nest and do things here and there.

That gives me some variety so I'm not pigeon-holed as con artists and swindlers.

They rightfully believe the trade-off is you and your show get publicity.

I'm a creature of comfort. When I'm around the house, it's jeans, T-shirts, old jackets.

I feel comfortable in old clothes, anything that has gotten me through a traumatic experience I hold on to.

I've never cared about how successful or how big I was going to be. I just wanted to be part of a story that affected people, made them laugh or cry. To me, that was more important than having my face on some billboard.

When you are singing Journey, you have to commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment